The Gutsy Challenge is a fun and healthy way to fundraise for GI cancer research. Encourage your friends and family to sponsor you or to take the Gutsy Challenge with you.
Follow these four easy steps and sign up for the Gutsy Challenge today:
1. Choose your challenge and set the date: decide what you’re going to do – participate in a fun run or sporting event, ride a bike, eat healthy or host a morning tea, set up a team with your family or colleagues from work… or climb a mountain – almost anything goes!
2. Set up your fundraising page: on Everyday Hero or Gofundraise and follow the Start Fundraising links. It only takes a few minutes to sign up with your email or Facebook. Fundraisers under 16 years of age will need a parental consent form filled out, check out our kids sign up procedure sheet to see how!
3. Tell your family and friends: download our toolkit, training tips and other resources to help you motivate potential donors and encourage them to donate. If you have a personal connection with GI cancer, share your story and inspire others to contribute.
- Send an email – here’s a template to give you some ideas
- Use social media – here’s a cover photo and profile pic you can use on Facebook
- Hang up posters – promoting Gutsy or your own Challenge.
4. Complete the challenge… and have fun!
With an overall survival rate of just 49% – and as low as 6% for pancreatic cancer – GI cancers kill more Australians everyday than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined. By participating in the Gutsy Challenge you are helping the GI Cancer Institute to raise essential funds for research to improve these survival rates and the quality of life for people diagnosed with GI cancer.
Start your Gutsy Challenge today!
Need help along the way? Send an email to email@example.com or call us on 1300 666 769.